An American Tail: A Musical Adventure With Fievel and Friends was a promotional album released on November 19, 1991, coinciding with the theatrical release of An American Tail: Fievel Goes West. It includes 13 tracks released on CD and cassette. Besides adaptations of Somewhere Out There and Dreams to Dream, the other eleven tracks are completely original and never appeared in a movie. Phillip Glasser is the only voice actor from the movies that appears on it, reprising Fievel Mousekewitz. Vikki Watson portrays Tanya Mousekewitz, and Donny Gerrard voices both Papa Mousekewitz and Tiger.
- Diddy Diddy Dum Dum (Fievel's Little Song) - Fievel Mousekewitz (Phillip Glasser) - Fievel sings about his life before and after immigrating to America.
- I Hate Cats! - Papa Mousekewitz (Donny Gerrard) - Papa tells why he dislikes felines.
- Fievel's Point of View - Fievel Mousekewitz (Phillip Glasser) - Fievel sings about his dreams and what he wants to do in his life.
- The Fiddler's Dance - Tanya Mousekewitz (Vikki Watson) - Tanya sings about her father's violin playing.
- Mouses Even Cry - Fievel Mousekewitz (Phillip Glasser) - Fievel sings about how difficult life is for mice, and how even mice have feelings.
- If Cheese Grew on Trees - Papa Mousekewitz (Donny Gerrard) - Papa wishes that cheese grew on trees.
- Poor Fievel - Tanya Mousekewitz (Vikki Watson) - A musical retelling of Fievel's struggle to find his family in An American Tail.
- Somewhere Out There (Solo Version)- Fievel Mousekewitz (Phillip Glasser)
- A Little Bit of Reggae - Papa Mousekewitz (Donny Gerrard) - Papa sings a cool Jamaican reggae tune. Yes, really.
- Dreams to Dream - Tanya Mousekewitz (Vikki Watson)
- Anything Can Happen in America - Papa Mousekewitz (Donny Gerrard) - Papa sings about how you can achieve anything you put your mind to in America.
- Fievel and Me - Fievel Mousekewitz (Phillip Glasser) and Tiger (Donny Gerrard) - Fievel and Tiger sing about their odd yet enduring friendship.
- Fievel, That's Me! - Fievel Mousekewitz (Phillip Glasser) - Fievel, aided by a backup chorus, sings about how he's the toughest mouse in the wild west.
Trivia and Goofs
- In "Diddy Diddy Dum Dum (Fievel's Little Song)", Fievel states that Russia is "a little bit west of Prussia". Russia was actually to the east of Prussia, which was in present-day Germany and Poland.
- "Diddy Diddy Dum Dum (Fievel's Little Song)" states Fievel's birthplace as Vladivostok, Russia.
- The album contains anachronisms. In "Anything Can Happen in America" Papa mentions computers, even though he's supposed to be from the 1880's. And as for "A Little Bit of Reggae", reggae as a musical genre did not emerge until the 1960's.
- The album's adaptation of "Somewhere Out There" features Phillip Glasser singing alone, while the music is taken from Linda Ronstadt's rendition. Likewise, the music from Vikki Watson's "Dreams to Dream" cover is taken from Linda Ronstadt's rendition of the song as well.
- One of the album's writers and producers, Mark Ross, denied rumors that the original songs appearing on the album had been cut from either of the existing An American Tail movies. It is known that at least one song was cut from the first film during production, but it does not appear on this album.
- Vikki Watson currently performs as Aeone, and represented the United Kingdom in the 1985 Eurovision Song Contest.
|An American Tail: Fievel Goes West|
|Characters||Papa Mousekewitz • Mama Mousekewitz • Tanya Mousekewitz • Fievel Mousekewitz • Yasha Mousekewitz • Tiger • Wylie Burp • Cat R. Waul • T.R. Chula • Cactus Cat Gang • Miss Kitty • One Eye • Felonius • Geronimouse • Hawk (Fievel Goes West) • Owl • Scorpion (Fievel Goes West)|
|Locations||New York • Green River •|
|Songs||Way Out West • Dreams to Dream • The Girl You Left Behind|
|Spinoffs||An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (Comic Book) • An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (Video Game) • An American Tail: A Musical Adventure With Fievel and Friends|